From: "Kevin J. Maroney" <kmaroney@crossover.com>
Subject: Re: (whorl) Copyrights R Us
Date: Tue, 09 Sep 1997 11:26:20

[Posted from WHORL, the mailing list for Gene Wolfe's Book of the Long Sun]

At 12:01 AM 9/9/97 GMT, you wrote:
>...and we've recently read of Nutria's frustrating
>experience in combing the Worldcity of NYC looking for "NYRSF."

Believe me, I find it equally frustrating that The "New York" Review of SF
can't be purchased off-the-rack in its home state. However, copies are
readily available by mail-order, with no postage charge.

>It
>struck me, suddenly, that alga has an essay that Nutria wants, and
>Nutria has an couple of essays that alga wants, and the answer seemed
>too easy.

True enough. I wasn't actually terribly upset; I was just bringing people's
attention to the moral questions of the matter.

>It is not the best solution, however.  The best solution would be if
>Amazon.com or Chris Drumm could get these things for them.

Tell me more. Does Amazons carry magazines? Remind me who Chris Drumm is;
the name is familiar.

>(Speaking of which, I should probably go back through the archives to
>find the address of the person who offered a photocopy of Jeremy
>Crampton's "Book of Gold No. 1" fanzine because I don't have it and
>there is basically no other way of getting ahold of this material.)

I have copies of both issues, and I think I even know where they are. Are
these not available from the author? (I got mine from Wolfe many years
ago.) If not, I'll make copies available.

--
   Kevin Maroney | Crossover Technologies
   kmaroney@crossover.com | (212) 777-1190

<--prev V7 next-->