From: "Kevin J. Maroney" <kmaroney@crossover.com>
Subject: Re: (whorl) Welcome Wombat
Date: Mon, 08 Sep 1997 11:03:32

[Posted from WHORL, the mailing list for Gene Wolfe's Book of the Long Sun]

At 10:31 PM 9/7/97 GMT, you wrote:
>Re: Whorl flight time.  It appears to have been 332 years subjective
>time (III,173) and 1000 years objective time (III,242); which in turn
>suggests an average speed of around .95 c (95% of light speed).  (Time
>compression, doncha know.)

I'll have to check those references out. Does my memory about Rose/Marble's
decimal point ring any bells?

>OTOH, Quetzal became head of the chapter thirty-three
>years ago (see character lists), so maybe this is a better marker?

I would think so, given Wolfe's explicit statement that Pas did not know of
the inhumi.

>Re: NYRSF, maybe you could post a bibliography of Wolfe related
>articles published in NYRSF through the years?  Along with ordering
>information!

Actually, we're preparing a series of internal ads along that exact idea.
The only one we've done so far is Delany, with PKD the obvious next; Wolfe
should be right after that, since I can't think of anyone else who has
received so much coverage in the magazine.

I love your "Autopsy of SF", by the way--that'll be in 110.

--
Wombat
Kevin Maroney		kmaroney@crossover.com

<--prev V7 next-->