From: m.driussi@genie.com
Subject: (whorl) Kalevala
Date: Tue,  1 Jul 97 16:01:00 GMT

[Posted from WHORL, the mailing list for Gene Wolfe's Book of the Long Sun]

Reply:  Item #3107202 from WHORL@LISTS.BEST.COM@INET00#

Rich Horton,

Ah yes, the Kalevala.  I was thinking of Emil Petaja's sf version.
No doubt there are others--has Ian Watson written one?

Alastair,

Hello and welcome aboard!

Re: whorl/Cerberus, while it hasn't been done to death, I think we
have gotten ourselves a little dizzy on it (chasing our tails).  The
good news is we've just put the question to Gene Wolfe himself, so we
don't have to think too much about it for a few weeks--until the
answer comes.  (Then we can argue about that! <g>)