From: Alice Turner <al@ny.playboy.com>
Subject: (whorl) Pike's Ghost
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 1997 16:06:01

[Posted from WHORL, the mailing list for Gene Wolfe's Book of the Long Sun]

mantis,

Vance is right--we should clear up Pike's ghost. Couldn't it be a "baker's
dozen" or "one-to-grow-on" question from all of us as a group on top of our
individual questions? I think the wording should be more specific---Weasel
should be Wolfe's Vironese name! What about: "Is the apparation at the top
of the stairs that Silk takes for Pike's ghost really a form (i.e.
aquastor/eidolon) of Pike? If not, who or what is it?"

Alternately, "Is 'Pike's ghost' really Quetzal? If not, who or what is it?"

-alga

<--prev V6 next-->