From: Jim Jordan <jbjordan@gnt.net>
Subject: Re: (whorl) Echoes of C.S. Lewis's Space Trilogy
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 1997 14:14:19

[Posted from WHORL, the mailing list for Gene Wolfe's Book of the Long Sun]

U rote:

>Speaking of influences, people keep saying that Chesterton's Father Brown
>stories are an obvious one.  It's been a while since I've read them, but I
>just don't see it - other than that the protagonists are both priests, I
>don't see any real similarities.  What am I missing?
>
>I know Wolfe has mentioned that he is a Chesterton fan (and here let me
>put in a strenuous plug for _The Man Who Was Thursday_, an amazing book),
>but has he voiced an opinon about Lewis's works?
>
>-Rostrum

	In his interview with me, available over on Paul Duggan's Wolfe Page, Gene
said that he is quite a Lewis fan. Influence is, thus, quite possible.
	Only the first book betrays a Father Brownish element, IMO, as Silk solves
a crime.

Nutria

<--prev V6 next-->