From: m.driussi@genie.com
Subject: (whorl) Urth-Man Extraordinary
Date: Mon,  2 Jun 97 21:15:00 GMT

[Posted from WHORL, the mailing list for Gene Wolfe's Book of the Long Sun]

Reply:  Item #4111204 from WHORL@LISTS.BEST.COM@INTERNET#

Ron Crown,

I'm happy to have helped out and find myself quite impressed that you
already possess the artifacts (after all, =that= is the hard part!).
By all means start on that annotated list of secondary sources
=immediately=!

"It's not just for me," he said selfishly, drooling with open
avarice.  "Think about all the others . . . there must be
hundreds--dozens!"

Since I got in trouble with Galactic Central UK for the incomplete
info I gave in AE&2, my albatrosspenance is to write that:

Outside of the US, "Urth-Man Extraordinary" is available (2.50 pounds
sterling) from

Phil Stephensen-Payne
`Imladris'
25A Copgrove Road
LEEDS
West Yorkshire
LS8 2SP
ENGLAND

(Tell him I sent you and maybe they'll take this stinking bird off my
neck!)

Everybody who does not already have it must buy this Gene Wolfe bibliography
=right now=.  That means =today=.

I can't remember how I ever found out about it (probably it was Dan Knight of
United Mythologies who mentioned it?), but once I got a copy I discovered
many things for the first time, including: Crampton's "Book of Gold" fanzine,
obscure Wolfe stories, and more.  Galactic Central has forty-two titles or
more--I've also bought copies of their biblios on Jack Vance and Edgar Pangborn,
both are excellent.  (I'm just about due to buy some new ones--who next? <g>)

They are inexpensive; they are good; they are good for you.