From: m.driussi@genie.com
Subject: (whorl) Inhuming J. Crowley
Date: Mon, 26 May 97 17:49:00 GMT

[Posted from WHORL, the mailing list for Gene Wolfe's Book of the Long Sun]

Reply:  Item #4579959 from WHORL@LISTS.BEST.COM@INET00#

Lasrach,

Re: the alien vampire critters, as we are told there is a "hooded"
variety (cobra-like) there is also the suggestion that there are
other types--at least one un-hooded.  These types may or may not be
related.  So, as you say, the term "inhumu" might be as categorical as
cacogen.

(Re: Crowley, do you rank ENGINE SUMMER over LITTLE, BIG or was that
list unranked?  The completist in me wants to write that you left
out: THE DEEP and BEASTS and THE GREAT WORK OF TIME and ANTIQUITIES
[and "Gone" in F&SF Sep. 1996]; but maybe you don't consider these
among his best work. <g>)