From: Kieran Mullen <kieran@phyast.nhn.ou.edu>
Subject: (whorl) Re:  Digest whorl.v005.n013
Date: Fri, 16 May 1997 11:25:29

[Posted from WHORL, the mailing list for Gene Wolfe's Book of the Long Sun]

Question for Mr. Wolfe:

   It's pretty broadly indicated that Silk was gestated from a frozen
embroyo as Mucor was.   This has some nice symbolic effects ("virgin
birth", the hero as having unusual origins, etc.).  Does Silk have any
human engineered, extraordinary abilities?

   (Possible Lupine hint:  he knew Hyacinth's name before she was
introduced, and felt that they had made a non-physical contact.)

   Please pass along my compliments to Mr. Wolfe as one of the most
creative, skilled, and theologically fascinating writers I've ever read.

                 Thanks,

                           Kieran Mullen

 Kieran Mullen                         email: kieran@mail.nhn.ou.edu
 Dept. of Physics and Astronomy        phone: (405) 325-3961
 The University of Oklahoma            FAX: (405) 325-7557
 Norman, OK 73019, USA                 http://www.nhn.uoknor.edu/~kieran/

<--prev V5 next-->