From: Derek Bell <dbell@maths.tcd.ie>
Subject: Re: (whorl) Ask Gene Wolfe
Date: Thu, 15 May 1997 21:20:09 +0100

[Posted from WHORL, the mailing list for Gene Wolfe's Book of the Long Sun]

In message <199705122048.NAA11050@lists1.best.com>, m.driussi@genie.com writes:
>In my regular correspondence with Gene Wolfe I asked him if he would
>have the time for a round-table interview (about THE BOOK OF THE LONG
>SUN) by snail mail, composed of questions from the Whorl list
>audience.  He has agreed to this scheme, writing, "Collect some
>questions and I'll proceed to dodge them."

	Ok - in the scene where Silk first meets Kypris, what is the
"beam" that she says has not yet been fixed? (This is before Silk goes
remembers to complete the "third circuit" and the rest of the
exorcism. I can see it as a possible biblical reference - the quote
about "removing the beam from your eye", but it a more literal
interpretation might be a link with the rest of the Whorl/Mainframe network.)

	Derek Bell (a.k.a. Tercel)

<--prev V5 next-->