From: "Kieran Cleary" <kcleary@tinet.ie>
Subject: (whorl) Re: Ask Gene Wolfe
Date: Tue, 13 May 1997 11:43:00 +0000

[Posted from WHORL, the mailing list for Gene Wolfe's Book of the Long Sun]

This is like the three wishes problem ("I wish for infinite wishes").
I guess I'd have to ask "What was Typhon's purpose in launching the
Whorl and was the Blue/Green system the intended destination?"
Somebody will have to arbitrate as to whether that's two questions,
but I can't help feeling that Mr. Wolfe will be tricksy in his
answers.

BTW, Michael Richman: somewhere in tBotNS, Severian says "Have I said
that time turns our lies into truth?" referring to a number of similar
situations (his armiger disguise which made him seem "a pilgrim bound
for some vague northern shrine" amongst them).

Lasrach

Kieran Cleary
Senior Research Engineer
North West Labs