From: PMorris33@aol.com
Subject: (urth) Re: Digest urth.v030.n175 To Nigel
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2001 15:12:16 EDT

--part1_10c.46cace5.28b80110_boundary

I realise this group is composed of "Wolfe fans" and also "Wolfe
professionals", (I count myself among the former, but not the latter)
But why are you wasting your time slamming Hamilton for, I guess, lack of
seriousness, lack of artistry, philosophic shallowness etc????

Anyone who has enjoyed both Hamilton and Wolfe can immediately see they are
trying for two entirely different outcomes.  Hamilton is an "adventure"
writer.  You can see that in his lively if somewhat silly "Mindstar" books.
He is interested in exploring future tech, arranging a sweeping narrative,
and resolving a somewhat interesting problem (the possession)

Wolfe, as we all know, is interested in religious-philosophical issues, and
working out long, subtle jokes, that attract the interest of the professional
unravelers such as yourself.

You seem to be blaming Hamilton for not being like Wolfe.  Face it, there's
only one Wolfe.  I count myself among one of his greatest admirers.

--part1_10c.46cace5.28b80110_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><BODY BGCOLOR="#ffffff"><FONT  SIZE=2>I realise this group is composed of "Wolfe fans" and also "Wolfe
<BR>professionals", (I count myself among the former, but not the latter)
<BR>But why are you wasting your time slamming Hamilton for, I guess, lack of
<BR>seriousness, lack of artistry, philosophic shallowness etc????
<BR>
<BR>Anyone who has enjoyed both Hamilton and Wolfe can immediately see they are
<BR>trying for two entirely different outcomes. &nbsp;Hamilton is an "adventure"
<BR>writer. &nbsp;You can see that in his lively if somewhat silly "Mindstar" books. &nbsp;
<BR>He is interested in exploring future tech, arranging a sweeping narrative,
<BR>and resolving a somewhat interesting problem (the possession)
<BR>
<BR>Wolfe, as we all know, is interested in religious-philosophical issues, and
<BR>working out long, subtle jokes, that attract the interest of the professional
<BR>unravelers such as yourself. &nbsp;&nbsp;
<BR>
<BR>You seem to be blaming Hamilton for not being like Wolfe. &nbsp;Face it, there's
<BR>only one Wolfe. &nbsp;I count myself among one of his greatest admirers.
<BR>
<BR></FONT></HTML>

--part1_10c.46cace5.28b80110_boundary--