From: "Dan'l Danehy-Oakes" <ddanehy@siebel.com>
Subject: (urth) Apology to William
Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2001 12:30:40

William wrote:
> I could address some of your other comments in your reply to me and I
> may do so later, but I feel I have to address your implication that
> either I or Ray Bradbury believe that mice were contemporaneous with
> dinosaurs.

William, If I implied, if what I wrote gave the impression, that I
thought you believed mice and dinosaurs to be contemporaneous or was
predicating my posting on such a belief on your part, then I
apologize. I did not intend to imply such a thing or give such an
impression.

(What Mr. Bradbury thinks, on the other hand, is of very little
concern. Fabulous writer though he is, he has occasionally shown a
rather contemptuous attitude toward matters of scientific accuracy
that leads me to believe that he wouldn't have a clue what kinds of
mammals did or didn't show up before the dinosaurs died out, unless
maybe he got it from Disney's film DINOSAUR.)

--Dan'l