From: "Alice Turner" <akt@attglobal.net>
Subject: (urth) Gnowing Gnostic Gnovels
Date: Fri, 11 May 2001 22:07:27

A plea for help. I'm more and more thinking I might write something
about Pullman's trilogy. I'm still reeling at the idea of Gnostic
juveniles--I wouldn't have thought it remotely possible, and am going
back to reread. (That first book is ***wonderful!***) Here's a question
then: Aside from Crowley's books and Bloom's unfortunate novel (what was
its title, mantis?) are there other *concious* Gnostic novels, not
counting ones like -Voyage to Arcturus- that seem instinctively to tap
into an ancient view? (Actually I'd be intereested in thoughts on the
latter, too.) This is rather off-topic, so perhaps you might email me
unless you sense a general interest.

-alga