From: =?iso-8859-1?q?Nicholas=20Gevers?= <vermoulian@yahoo.com>
Subject: (urth) The Peregrine Palace
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2000 05:45:34

As I take my user name from the Vance story involved,
I should comment on this Vance DYING EARTH cover
matter. In the very last Dying Earth story, "Morreion"
in RHIALTO THE MARVELLOUS, Rhialto and his fellow
magicians are conveyed across the galaxies by a
so-called Peregrine Palace, owned by Vermoulian the
Dream Walker. This is a kind of science fictional
sortie into Fantasy, as is the city of Ampridatvir in
"Ulan Dhor" (Chapter 5 of THE DYING EARTH), so an SF
cover for TALES OF THE DYING EARTH is not altogether
irrational.

--Nick Gevers.