From: mark millman <millman@us.ncipher.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2000 09:58:58

Folks,

Here's my small contribution to the future form of the
Urth and Whorl lists.

At 8:23 am PDT on 17 October 2000, Ranjit Bhatnagar
wrote:

> [snip]
>
> Please discuss on the lists and/
> or send me your opinions:
>
> * Is it really necessary to have
> two lists, or would one be
> more comfortable?

Personally I prefer two, as I find that it makes threads
easier to follow, but it's not a big issue; I could deal
with one big list, if that's what others prefer.

> * Would you be offended or
> annoyed by advertising inserted
> into every message?

I'd rather not have advertising if it can be avoided, but
I'd much rather have advertising than no list at all.  I
imagine it won't be too difficult to ignore ads.

> * Is the ability to search the
> message archive for keywords
> useful to you?

Oh yes indeed.

> Any other advice or suggestions
> would be welcomed.

Well, this isn't advice or a suggestion, but I'm very grate-
ful to you for running this list for us, and for keeping it
up even in the face of danger and disaster.  Thank you.

> Ranjit Bhatnagar
> Keeper of the Urth and Whorl lists

Mark Millman (Nacre)
kibbitzer on the Urth and Whorl lists