From: Jim Russell <J.A.Russell@exeter.ac.uk>
Subject: (urth) Gurloes
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2000 11:52:26 +0100 (GMT Daylight Time)

Several things, one: Thanks for all the input about GW's
politics.

Two: This is probably one of the more wacky theories put
forward, and I havent got my copy of the book in front of
me to check this, but has anyone noticed the similarities
between Gurloes and the Autarch? The passage where Gurloes
is described, which paints him as one of the most
intriguing minor figures of the book, talks about his
mannerisms and particularly bright eyes. When Sev then goes
to the house Azure, his description of the Autarch is
basically the same - and he mentions something about
recognising the mannerisms, but being unable to place them.
Is it Gurloes who later has to use the prosthetic phallus,
or is that Palaemon ?
Just a thought.

Jim Russell
University of Exeter