From: "Kevin J. Maroney" <kmaroney@ungames.com>
Subject: (urth) Re: More John Crowley films
Date: Sat, 19 Aug 2000 13:55:10

I found a page listing documentaries funded by the National Endowment for
the Humanities with the following films credited to John Crowley:

America and Lewis Hine (Daniel V. Allentuck, John Crowley, L.S.
Block--Crowley also narrated)
America Lost and Found (Lance Bird, John Crowley)
Fit: Episodes In the History of the Body (Laurie Block, John Crowley)
Pearl Harbor: Surprise and Remembrance (Lance Bird, John Crowley, Tom Johnson)
All under Heaven: Life in a Chinese Village (Carma Hinton, with Laurie
Block, John Crowley)

Lance Bird was the director of _The World of Tomorrow_ and _No Place to
Hide_ (about atomic war fear in the 1950s). Laurie Block is, I gather, Mrs.
John Crowley.

Another page gives me this:

Fighting on Two Fronts in World War II (writers, John Crowley, Daniel V.
Allentuck, Lou Potter); there was a companion book of the same title. This
is about black American soldiers during WWII.

and another:

Harold Clurman : A Life of Theatre (Thomas Klein and Alan Kaplan, with John
Crowley)

Crowley teaches screenwriting in the English Department at Yale. I hadn't
known that. According to a page at Yale, Crowley "was a fixer on Hava
Kohav's The Restless Conscience about the German Resistance to Hilter
during the Nazi period, which went on to be nominated for an Academy Award.
He also wrote a script for a biography on Billy the Kid for the Learning
Channel."

I'm sure there are more.

--
   Kevin Maroney | Unplugged Games