From: "Jonathan Laidlow" <LAIDLOJM@hhs.bham.ac.uk>
Subject: (urth) Symposium further details
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2000 09:15:31 GMT

Hi folks,

I will post the three abstracts of Symposium papers on the list next
week. I'm still waiting for Peter Wright's proposal, although I do
have an idea of what he'll be doing (its on Fifth Head and post-
colonialism).

As for publishing them - there is obviously a place for them  in the
Winter edition of Ultan's Library, depending on any contributions we
receive from other writers, but I'm exploring avenues for publishing
the papers as a small book. Obviously the latter course is more
exciting!

I do hope that we can muster enough support for a substantial
second edition of the journal. I'm thinking about including a short
'Notes & Queries' section, in which specific points (possibly
explored on Urth/Whorl) can be discussed. Nigel has also
suggested that a full commentary on the Book of the New Sun
would be a desirable project (and a long one!) which could perhaps
evolve as a feature of the journal.

Any thoughts, anyone?

Jonathan
 --