From: Alex David Groce <Alex_Groce@gs246.sp.cs.cmu.edu>
Subject: (urth) Lewis
Date: Mon, 29 May 2000 16:35:42

Alga spoke:

>I can see why Lewis never published "Prelude to Space." It's awful, just
>awful! The fragment of the second one is much better and the title is
>funny: "An Expostulation Against Too Many Writers of Science Fiction."
>Hmmm. I hadn't known that he identified himself at all as a SF writer.

He certainly did to some extent--somewhere or other there's a
"conversation" published in which Lewis and some other people (Brian
Aldiss is the only one I remember) sit around talking about
science-fiction, and Lewis seems to identify himself fairly
comfortably as someone who has written inside SF.  It's a fairly
amusing interview--Aldiss and Lewis' constant requests for another
drink or cigar particularly.

"And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free." John 8:32
--
Alex David Groce (agroce+@cs.cmu.edu)
Ph.D. Student, Carnegie Mellon University - Computer Science Department