From: =?iso-8859-1?q?Nicholas=20Gevers?= <vermoulian@yahoo.com>
Subject: (urth) Typhon
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2000 04:40:19

Thanks to Matthew and Thomas for their responses to my
Two Typhons note. Let me just say that I was trying to
reconcile the physical details of Typhon's reign on
Urth (in URTH) with the nature of the Whorl. In URTH,
Typhon doesn't seem terribly much more powerful than
the succeeding Autarchs (who after all also carved
mountains in their own images). He can't escape when
the rebels close in, so his interstellar and even
interplanetary travel capability appears rather
limited. And Urth being impoverished by the needs of
the Whorl's construction would explain a lot, both
materially and thematically. And the Cargo are
definitely from Urth (see the forthcoming IN GREEN'S
JUNGLES).