From: Jim Jordan <jbjordan@gnt.net>
Subject: Re: (urth) Re: the Ziggurat
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2000 21:03:57

One other thing:
	There are a number of Wolfe stories wherein the last paragraph or line
stuns the reader into realizing he's misunderstood what has been going on,
and forces a re-read. But that does not happen here. If the last lines
read, "She looked so much like one of the twins. Emory could not wait to
have his way with her!" Then we'd be entitled to think, "Hey! Whoa! What's
going on here?" But nothing like that happens. The ending is gentle and
kind on the face of it, and I don't see any indication there, or elsewhere,
that "nothing is what it seems."

Nutria