From: Michael Straight <straight@email.unc.edu>
Subject: Re: (urth) Free Live Free
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2000 11:59:47

On Wed, 26 Jan 2000, Peter Westlake wrote:

> (!) The whole theory is rather unsatisfactory, I've always thought.
> You only need this kind of time travel, where you can only be in
> one place at a time, if you believe in the soul. Duplication of
> souls is a theologically tricky area.

While I can understand thinking of it this way, it doesn't seem to be
necessarily the only solution.  If you can have the same soul at this
place at 4:00 and at this place at 5:00 without worriying about it having
split into two different souls, why can't you have the same soul at this
place at 4:00 and at that place at 4:00?

-Rostrum