From: =?iso-8859-1?q?Nicholas=20Gevers?= <vermoulian@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: (urth) Tzadkiel
Date: Sun, 9 Jan 2000 21:25:29

The chess analogy arises in "To the Seventh", a story
I found problematic in various ways. Nutria, do you
think God's shifting of focus to another part of the
board near the end will save Chance and co, diverting
Satan long enough for the pawn to queen? And: why the
comic book texture of the universe portrayed? I
thought Wolfe might be implying Chance's cosmos is an
inferior parody of reality, its "God" a demiurge...