From: Ron Hale-Evans <rwhe@apocalypse.org>
Subject: Re: (urth) Re: Digest urth.v028.n112
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 1999 16:09:36

At 11:44 PM 12/14/99 +0000, you wrote:

>> From: "Jonathan Laidlow" <LAIDLOJM@hhs.bham.ac.uk>
>> (and by the by, Barthes wrote 'Death of the Author')
>
>But how do we know that Barthes `wrote' it?  And what do we mean by `write'
>anyway?  etc.
>
>corncrake

He didn't -- I did. The edition I'm bringing out has my byline on it as
proof. :-)

Seriously, for all that the Continental critics claim the author is dead,
you don't see them refusing money and fame for their work. It is
copyrighted, and if someone plagiarised one of these critics as I just
proposed to do, the critic would undoubtedly sue him; conclusions about the
integrity of the Continental critics are left as an exercise for The Reader.

Ron H-E
--
Ron Hale-Evans: rwhe@apocalypse.org  ... <http://www.apocalypse.org/~rwhe/>
Center for Ludic Synergy:        <http://www.ludism.org/>