From: Ron Hale-Evans <rwhe@apocalypse.org>
Subject: Re: (urth) Not an answer to anything
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 1999 19:10:16

At 09:16 PM 12/8/99 -0500, you wrote:
>Ron, since you have mentioned my doubts on
>this, could I ask you to please publish here Donn's original Mysteries
>posting?

I have already published it here, on 2 December, under the subject line,
"FAQ (Seeley's piece)".

I still want answers in the FAQ. I fail to see how an InvisiClues/UHS,
rot13, or HTML approach, as discussed here earlier, would not preserve the
puzzles for those who don't want to see the posited answers, thereby
satisfying both parties. In fact, if you are choosing to don the fuligin
mantle of "official" Urth FAQ keeper, Alice, and the other Urthers agrees
that you should, then I will publish an "unofficial" FAQ with answers to
the same questions. (Call me Vodalus.)

But I would far rather we have *one* FAQ, with the suggested answers
(multiple suggested answers, if there be disagreement) concealed by some
fiendish technological ruse such as rot13 or UHS. Technology such as UHS or
"layered" HTML pages also makes possible the progressive unveiling of more
and more explicit hints, which can't but be an advantage.

Ron

--
Ron Hale-Evans: rwhe@apocalypse.org  ... <http://www.apocalypse.org/~rwhe/>
Center for Ludic Synergy:        <http://www.ludism.org/>