From: Redhaven1@aol.com
Subject: (urth) Re: Digest urth.v028.n095
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 1999 17:09:18 EST

In a message dated 11/23/99 4:53:19 PM Eastern Standard Time,
urth-errors@lists.best.com writes:

Maybe Gene just wanted to write a "messiah" book kinda like Herbert's Dune.
Paul Atreides was just a man but he changed the course of his entire world,
established a sort of religion, and was remembered as a god-like figure all
throughout the rest of the books.  Maybe in the coming Short Sun books [i
haven't read the first one yet so don't give anything away!] Severian's role
in his planet's past will be explained more.  I know he wasn't mentioned in
Long Sun, but I heard he makes an appearance in this next series.  I wonder,
will he be revered as a messiah or a cursed as a devil?

-Steve