From: Redhaven1@aol.com
Subject: (urth) Re: Digest urth.v028.n072
Date: Tue, 2 Nov 1999 15:56:39 EST

I'm sure that someone on the list must have remarked somewhere along the line
how much Wolfe's concept of absorbing all a person's memories from one cell
in their body resemble's Hebert's work in the Dune series with a ghola being
cloned from one cell and still having all of the person's original memories.
[Whoa, run on sentence there. . .]  Anyway, which came first?  Did Wolfe get
the idea from Herbert's works or did Herbert develope the idea from Wolfe's?
Also, is there any real scientific evidence that our cells can hold all of
our memories, or is this probably pure science fiction?

-Steve