From: Patri10629@aol.com
Subject: (urth) Re: Digest urth.v028.n066
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 1999 21:59:25 EDT

In a message dated 10/27/99 7:43:15 PM, urth-errors@lists.best.com writes:

<< Well, I'm sort of astonished that there's so much interest in this subject,
but it's a kick, too. I'll add a couple of thoughts. I mentioned -Catch-22-
as "pop modernism." I'd like to add to that category the oeuvres of Kurt
Vonnegut and Philip K. Dick. Vonnegut was an interesting writer, early on.
He's become a lazy hack, and I think it's great that he's announced his
"retirement," since I don't want to read any more of his books. Dick was a
hack too, but I think he could be counted among the more interesting pop
modernists. I confess that I never could read much of him either. (One of
the conditions for joining the club seems to be relative unreadability.) His
post-mortem elevation is certainly a phenomenon.

Dear Alga et all,

Speaking of being astonished by the interest in certain subjects...Let me
honest.
No, let me be real honest. Who fuck cares which hemisphere it was, and where
true north was, and please god please can we just drop it?

And let me be frank. No, really frank. Read TIMEQUAKE. Read THE THREE
STIGMATA OF PALMER ELDRITCH and  Look me in the eye and tell me that's
hackwork and I'll buy you a beer.

On a calmer note.  Rave on Lupes:)

Patrick O'Leary