From: "Jim Henley" <jlhenley@erols.com>
Subject: RE: (urth) The Commonwealth: North or South
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 1999 22:13:52

I'm not a Northern Hemisphere Partisan (NHP?) - far from it - but two
things struck me on reading your very informative post:

	1) If poles do flip, AND Urth has lost its magnetic field, might they have
flipped back before the loss? Then people in Sev's time might retain the
flipped sense of North.

	2) Major meteoric impact _without_ pole shifting. Near as I understand the
geography of Urth _and_ present-day South America, there simply ain't room
to fit all Urth's points of interest west of the present-day Andes. Perhaps
a major meteoric impact would start to explain where all that extra land
came from.

Best,

Jim
 "Here's a song that you can sing