From: =?iso-8859-1?q?Nicholas=20Gevers?= <vermoulian@yahoo.com>
Subject: (urth) TALES OF THE NEW SUN?
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 1999 12:04:47

Very likely an idle question: do other Lupines regret,
as I do, the lack of a companion volume to the "Sun"
cycles containing Wolfe's short stories and
miscellanea set in the Urth/Whorl universe? Obviously,
we will very likely see the as yet uncollected stories
of this sort included in STRANGE TRAVELERS; but that
will leave them scattered: "These Are the Jokes" and
the sundry CASTLE OF THE OTTER essays in CASTLE OF
DAYS; "The God and His Man", "The Cat" and "The Map"
in ENDANGERED SPECIES; "Books in THE BOOK OF THE NEW
SUN" in PLAN[e}T ENGINEERING; and "The Boy Who Hooked
the Sun", "Empires of Foliage and Flower", "The Old
Woman Whose Rolling Pin is the Sun", and "The Night
Chough" in STRANGE TRAVELERS or other future
collections. What a pity they can't be consolidated
into a single convenient volume, TALES OF THE NEW SUN
perhaps...

=====