From: shannon wilde <swilde_99@yahoo.com>
Subject: (urth) Re: Digest urth.v028.n055
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 1999 00:10:36

http://freecenter.digiweb.com/games/severian/swap.html
> Heavy Gear: Not your Dad's walking robot
> game...www.dp9.com
>

> Gaming to keep War out of RealTime!        '82
> GS650G
>

> --------------- MESSAGE urth.v028.n055.3
> ---------------
>
> From: Ron Hale-Evans <rwhe@apocalypse.org>
> Subject: Re: (urth) Aw Hell (Giants)
> Date: Sat, 16 Oct 1999 01:01:08 -0700
>
> Jim Henley wrote:
>
> >I can't help remembering the old Ben Bova science
> columns that ran in Boy's
> >Life back in my scouting days. (This was more than,
> oh, ten years ago. And
> >I do mean "more.") One month, by way of teaching
> the SCL, he set out to
> >design a giant crab. By the end of the article,
> after all the compromises
> >and efficiencies were accounted for, the "giant
> crab" turned out to be -
> >Tyrannosaurous Rex!
>
> Omigoodness.
>
> Whenever I hear anyone mention the square-cube law,
> this very article leaps
> instantly into my mind. I had no idea it was by Ben
> Bova (what did I know
> from Bovas at that age?). And I have always recalled
> it as an insect he was
> scaling up.
>
> But no matter. A Scout is trustworthy, loyal,
> brave...
>
> Thanks for confirming this memory.
>
> Ron H-E
> --
> Ron Hale-Evans: rwhe@apocalypse.org  ...
> <http://www.apocalypse.org/~rwhe/>
> Center for Ludic Synergy:
> <http://www.ludism.org/>
> Kennexions GBG artgame:
> <http://kennexions.ludism.org/>
> Positive Revolution FAQ:
> <http://www.ludism.org/posrev/>
>

> --------------- END urth.v028.n055 ---------------
>FWIW, remember Ox absorbtion can be pretty complex,
and easy (relatively) to screw with genetically, yes?
I mean we're talking about low temps, possible biochem
enhancements/adaptations (re:seals, whales, etc. down
the evo tree as far as we +wolfe care to, and yeah,
it's being tried now...So, this is science fiction,
indeedy. Why not figure thar was tried first and then
all the other nutbar adaptations and abilities come
millenia down the pipe? Oh, yes, I too as a nontheist
am curious about the "conversion process." So bring it
on, hegemony loyalists! Go alga, it's your
birthday...crimony, it's past me bedtime. Tater on,
Shannon (Aoi, maybe, open to not-overly-nasty
suggestion, or maybe Lemongrass. Is this still hip?
You all say,k? ;)

=====