From: Steve Taylor <steve@afs.net.au>
Subject: (urth) Re: Digest urth.v028.n055
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 1999 10:20:38 +1000

> Omigoodness.
>
> Whenever I hear anyone mention the square-cube law, this very article leaps
> instantly into my mind. I had no idea it was by Ben Bova (what did I know
> from Bovas at that age?). And I have always recalled it as an insect he was
> scaling up.

I remember the same column, but I remember it as being by Willy Ley.
Which is not to say the same column didn't get written a number of times
- after all, the job of creating giant insects is too important to leave
to just one person.

> But no matter. A Scout is trustworthy, loyal, brave...

Ahh... I was only ever a Cub. I never graduated to the big time.

                                           Steve