From: "Fr.Inire" <inire@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: (urth) Aw Hell (Giants)
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 1999 21:58:00

--- Jim Henley <jlhenley@erols.com> wrote:
> I was talking giants and the Square-Cube Law last
> night with my Amber (RPG)
> group and offered the oh-so-clever observation that
> one could get around it
> by living, giant-sized in the water, oh yes I did.
> But one of my pals said
> the real problem with the SCL is in the lungs - you
> pass a point where the
> surface area of your enlarged lungs can't absorb
> enough oxygen for all the
> cells in your enlarged body.

   aw, tell him to bugger off and go appreciate some
existencial<sp> impressionism...;-> Actually, doesn't
that naively assume that the lung capacity isn't also
increased by the evolution of greater numbers of
alevoli <sp> sucking up O2? That would seem to follow
if the rest of the body has evolved such that water as
the only means of support...

=====
Jeff "My dice hate me!" Miller

The HeavyGear Parts SwapMeet is at http://freecenter.digiweb.com/games/severian/swap.html
Heavy Gear: Not your Dad's walking robot game...www.dp9.com

Gaming to keep War out of RealTime!        '82 GS650G