From: Alex David Groce <Alex_Groce@gs246.sp.cs.cmu.edu>
Subject: (urth) Tintin?
Date: Fri, 08 Oct 1999 13:10:37

This is purely coincidental, I'm sure, but I just noticed the resemblance
between the Miracle of Apu Punchau and the means by which Tintin, Captain
Haddock and Professor Calculus are saved in Herge's PRISONERS OF THE SUN.
Incidentally, the previous adventure to the PRISONERS OF THE SUN is THE SECRET
OF THE UNICORN/RED RACKHAM'S TREASURE, concerning the treasure of the ship
Unicorn, hidden under St. John's Cross.  The chapter before Apu Punchau in
URTH ends with a mention of two constellations:  the Unicorn and the Cross.

"And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free." John 8:32
--
Alex David Groce (agroce+@cs.cmu.edu)
Ph.D. Student, Carnegie Mellon University - Computer Science Department