From: Michael Andre-Driussi <mantis@sirius.com>
Subject: (urth) Wolfe trivia questions
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 1999 13:58:57

Does anybody recall what year it was when Gene Wolfe quit working at "Plant
Engineering"?  I vividly recall the magazine news section headline:
"(Genre/SF) Gains Full-Time Wolfe!"  (Okay, so maybe not quite =vividly=.)
I have a sense that it was in the 90s . . .

And while we're poking around in what I can't remember, what was the title
of that Wolfe short story with a five sided house (ala LITTLE, BIG) and had
a background detail about an invasion of the US by Mexico that had gobbled
up much of the Midwest?  It was published in a magazine (F&SF?) in the 90s.

Thanks in advance!