From: Matthew Malthouse <matthew.malthouse@guardian.co.uk>
Subject: Re: (urth) Re:  Digest urth.v027.n011
Date: Thu, 03 Jun 1999 10:17:20 +0100

Kieran Mullen wrote:

> >would allow for Jonas/Sidero to have crashed in the future ...<<
>
>    In one of the postscripts Wolfe speculates that there is only one
> ship like Tzad's.  I always sorta thought that Jonas and Hethor came
> from the same crashlanding.  However, we don't really know how long
> Jonas has been on Urth - he could have been there for years before
> Hethor showed up.
>
>    It seems unreasonable to think that Tzad's ship crashed on Urth since
> it is so huge.  Surely there would be some notice!

I'd offer two reasonable solutions.

First _if_ Jonas sailed Tzad's ship then the vessel in which he crashed
might have been some tender or shuttle.

Perhaps more likely; Tzad's ship might be the only one that sails a
course between the universes but it most certainly isn't the only one in
the skys of Urth of which we know.

There are those vessels of the heirodules - which may themselves be only
tenders of The Ship. There are the ships that once came and went from
the Old Port (Citadel). There are the ships that made a human empire in
space and the same, or others that brough Typhon back. If one want to go
slightly outside the bounds of Urth then there is at least one
generation ship from Typhon's era.

What is that requires Jonas to have been a sailor on Tzad's ship and no
other?

Matthew