From: "Kieran Cleary" <kierannwn@tinet.ie>
Subject: Re: (urth) Jonas in the Antechamber
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 1999 14:39:09 +0100

Dave Lebling wrote:

>>My take on this, ever since first reading _New Sun_, is that a major part
of
Jonas' distress is the realization of how much time has passed on Urth since
his
departure. <<

True, and I suppose this was a dawning realisation as there probably isn't
an easy way to find out how much time the average relativistic space
traveller has been away simply by looking around, particularly as the
Autarchs have been trying to keep society in stasis until the New Sun comes
ever since the time of Ymar (as Palaemon remarks to Severian at the
beginning of his journey).

Excellent work Ranjit, thank you!

Kieran C.

North West Labs