From: "Tony Ellis" <tony.ellis@futurenet.co.uk>
Subject: (urth) The Roy Trenchard argument again
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 1999 13:52:28 +0100

Mitchell A. Bailey wrote:

> On the other hand, Robert Borski has made a pretty solid case that not
> only is Vic's vanished mother of the  Free People of the hills, but Roy
> Trenchard is actually an abo also, specifically of the marshmen,
> therefore no Terran/Annese crossbreeding is necessary (leave that kind
> of scenario for Star Trek). Check out the essay entitled "Roy Trenchard,
> Homeboy". If it's not in the Urth archives, it's on RB's Cave Canem
> website.

At the risk of annoying two people at the same time with my obtuseness, Robert Borski
has -not- made a solid case that Roy Trenchard is also an abo! There are a dozen
different fingerposts pointing to Trenchard's humanity, and simply re-writing Fifth
Head to one's own satisfaction is no way of getting rid of any of them. Check out my
objections to Robert's arguments in my posts of the 4th and 5th of June 1998, archive
vol. 13.