From: m.driussi@genie.com
Subject: (urth) C. Sappan
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 99 04:31:00 GMT

Roy,

Huh.  I thought "C. Sappan" aka brazilwood aka "bresel wood" (when it
was first imported to medieval Europe) is aka "the East Indian
redwood" because its wood is a bright red in color and yields a red
dye.  (Yes, yes--the South American country was named after the Asian
wood, not the other way around.)

FWIW I thought the hut was made of bamboo.

The wood is from East India; the autochthon is from Africa; the
missionaries are from the Western World.  But don't leave out the
animals: a smilodon (sure, maybe some Asiatic tiger/African cat); an
oreodont; a red-breasted, blue-backed parrot; and a reptile with evil
teeth and a finned back.