From: m.driussi@genie.com
Subject: (urth) Gilligan's Rock
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 99 17:31:00 GMT

To bring the "Gilligan" thread back to the "Beatles" thread that
spawned it ("Get Back," as it were--or close enough for relaxed fit
stadards), to close the circle like Ouroboros "eating his own young"
ala Ouranos, I cannot be the only one who has heard the recorded
novelty song wherein the words to "Gilligan" are set to the tune of
Led Zeppelin's "Stairway to Heaven"?  I'll leave you with the end and
let you work out the rest:

LED                 |      GILLIGAN
"And she's          |      "And they're
"By-high-ing        |      "Ah-all here
"A Sta-hair-way-hey |      "On Gill-i-ga-han's
"To Heaven"         |      "Is-land."

Which neatly ties in with Biblical allusion, popular tv shows, rock
and roll music.  Doorways open upon vast vistas of Led Zeppelin as a
"crypto-Chrisitan" rock band; one can envision revelations with
titles like "The Chthulu Mask of Jesus: Rock 'n' Roll of the Ages."

Hail Eris, to Infinity and Beyond!