From: "Alex David Groce" <adgroce@eos.ncsu.edu>
Subject: Re: More Days (was Re: (urth) Forlesen -- Thoughts?)
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 1999 16:13:32

> On Tuesday, 12 January 1999,
> Michael Straight (Rostrum) wrote:
>
> > I can't quite bring myself to suggest
> > "All the Hues of Hell" for the Feast
> > of the Annunciation.  Ick.
> >
> > Any ideas for Ash Wednesday?  I'd
> > suggest "Peace" if it weren't a novel.
> > Maybe "The Packerhaus Method"?
> > "Peritonitis"?
> >
> > -Rostrum
>
> Oh, no, Rostrum.  "Peritonitis" should
> definitely be Mother's Day, but I have
> the same reservations about actually
> making that suggestion as you do
> about using "All the Hues of Hell" for
> the Feast of the Annunciation.
>
> Maybe we should choose "Suzanne
> Delage" or "House of Ancestors" in-
> stead.
>
> (This, of course, assumes that the
> holiday isn't already filled, as I don't
> have the book with me.  But I think
> Wolfe only has Father's Day in the
> _Book of Days_, no?)
>
> Mark Millman

	Yes, only Father's Day.  "Seven American Nights" is definitely the way
to go for Easter--it has an Easter procession, of course, but I think the theme
is definitely resurrection (whether a diabolic parody of resurrection or the
real thing is another matter...)  Anyway, it's an egg story, hence Easter.

	Detective of Dreams was only suggested because it does end with
Communion, after all.

	Hmmm...  I think if it wasn't already taken (holiday, not story) that
"Sillhoutte" is sufficiently creepy for Halloween (PEACE would also do--when my
mother read it, I told her a very important thing was to figure out what genre
it was...  A long time later, she said "OH!  It's a ghost story.")

--
"And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall set you free." - John 8:32