From: Derek Bell <dbell@maths.tcd.ie>
Subject: Re: (urth) Severian's Lies
Date: Fri, 18 Dec 1998 22:08:15 +0000

In message <199812171401.GAA28091@lists1.best.com>, David_Lebling@avid.com writ
es:
>Another one.  After describing his near drowning on the day he rescued
>Vodalus, he says "I never went back" to the river.  Yet a few chapters
>later, ("The Last Year", I think) he describes taking the apprentices down
>to swim in the river, "though I could never dive in deep water without
>fear."

	I'm not sure if that's a lie or just an inconsistency caused
by Severian writing at different times. (I think there's a comment by
Severian that says that there might be a long time between two words
in the same sentence being written.)

	Then again, that comment could be a lie to cover up other
lies!

	Derek