From: "Kieran Cleary" <kierannwn@tinet.ie>
Subject: Re: (urth) Fechin
Date: Mon, 7 Dec 1998 15:42:12

mantis,

I don't have Lexicon Urthus to hand, so you probably already have this, but
seeing as St. Fechin's 7th century church is in my locale, I should report
that:

"Legend tells us that St. Fechin was of the royal blood of Ireland, a
descendent of Fionn Fuathart, brother to Conn of the Hundred Battles, and of
the same race as St. Bridget. St. Nathy of Achonry supposedly educated St.
Fechin. The Annals tell us that St. Fechin was also abbot at Cong in County
Mayo and at Fore in Westmeath. He died in 664 AD.", Archaeology in County
Sligo, Highwood Community Resource Centre, 1998

FWIW.

Kieran C.

North West Labs
Finisklin Industrial Estate