From: "Kevin J. Maroney" <kmaroney@crossover.com>
Subject: Re: (urth) Tales of Arabian Nights
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 1998 11:23:43

Drifting a bit off-topic, here, but....

At 03:52 AM 11/20/98 GMT, you wrote:
>Re: "Tales of Arabian Nights" game, coincidentally that is a product
>I've been looking for (the West End Games version)!  (I saw it once,
>but it slipped through my fingers . . . )  Is the second edition that
>you worked on soon-to-be-in-print or already out of print (since
>I'm certain it isn't in print right now)?

The English version of the second edition of _Tales of the Arabian Nights_
is, unfortunately, in limbo right now. A German edition should be
forthcoming in 1999. Perhaps I will publish a samizdat translation of the
rules and components as an accessory....

>But yes, alas, it is true--as of old, the Pyramid is built by slave
>labor for the benefit of one man!  Can't complain about "truth in
>advertising" here!

The first-draft material for _GURPS New Sun_--is that still available on
the SJGames website?

>And have you seen "Fading Suns"?

No, I haven't. Do you recommend it, or do you just recommend it as a
curiosity?

Wombat, a.k.a. Kevin Maroney kmaroney@crossover.com
Kitchen Staff Supervisor, New York Review of Science Fiction
http://ebbs.english.vt.edu/olp/nyrsf/nyrsf.html