From: "Alex David Groce" <adgroce@eos.ncsu.edu>
Subject: Re: (urth) CE
Date: Sun, 18 Oct 1998 21:23:00

	No problem (I typed both in during office hours as no students showed
up.)  I agree that the entries don't exactly elucidate anything the OED
doesn't.  Simon Magus is a little longer and will have to wait until later (and
with or without the article it's clear he's the type for Cyrix).  It's
interesting to examine the differences between that and Severian's jungle
"magic duel."  Sev. handles "heathens" and "heretics," if you will,
differently--although the distinguishing factor is situational, rather than
based on any larger principle (which makes sense, Severian being a kind of
idiot savant most of the time with respect to his miraculous abilities).

--
"And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall set you free." - John 8:32