From: John Gersten <jgersten@slip.net>
Subject: Re: (urth) Relative vs. Absolute time, cont'd
Date: Tue, 1 Sep 1998 08:09:19

On Tue, 1 Sep 1998, Tony A. West wrote:

> ANYWAY, I
> came to that conclusion about the Tzadkiel being the most likely candidate
> for the eclipse while mapping out this whole relative vs. absolute time
> mess.  I've come up with some very interesting little "maps," though!
> Severian did tell all to OB&F in the House of Day, so of course they knew
> they must do something to create such an eclipse in their future.

I don't have the books in front of me, but wasn't Tzadkiel's ship unable
to come inside the planetary orbits (i.e., close to the Sun?)  Or was that
just "under ordinary circumstances?"  (I thought that was why Severian and
Burgundofara had to use the tender to come to Urth, in addition to
Tzad's ship obviously being unable to land).

John