From: "Alex David Groce" <adgroce@eos.ncsu.edu>
Subject: Re: (urth) Weer's House
Date: Fri, 28 Aug 1998 14:02:05

Hmmm...  I don't have it with me (I always end up answering these on campus
where my little Wolfe library isn't handy) but isn't there an essay in CASTLE
OF DAYS, titled "Peace of My Mind" or such, where Wolfe complains about people
thinking of the museum house as an eldritch Poe-like (not that I'd imagine
Wolfe thinks Poe-like is much of an insult) device.  He says that it's much
more normal than some tend to think, then talks about an old knife of his that
is a kind of "memory house" all in itself?
	Although, now that I think about it, I'm not sure if the essay was
implying Weer really built such a house or not.  I'll have to re-read it.

--
"And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall set you free." - John 8:32