From: mary whalen <marewhalen@yahoo.com>
Subject: (urth) Re:  Cherry Jubilee
Date: Thu, 16 Jul 1998 22:35:05

This is Sean Whalen (prion).

When I saw that Robert Borski had written a post about "Cherry
Jubilee" I read the story for the first time so I would be able to
understand his discussion.  I'm glad I did, as he analyzed the
religious allusions in the work I wasn't aware of.  However, at the
end of the story, the Captain is not the one blamed by the
authorities.  His father-in-law, a party official, has enough
influence that Oussenko's story is not accepted by the law, and
Oussenko is locked up on the ship, where she will be returned to Earth
for sentencing.  Just a minor point.

Also, even though this is a crime/mystery story of Wolfe's, I was
actually able to figure out the ending before it happened, in contrast
to usually not understanding the ending even after I'm done!

prion