From: Michael Straight <straight@email.unc.edu>
Subject: Re: (urth) Wolfe's Women (There Are Doors) -Reply
Date: Wed, 1 Jul 1998 13:10:24

On Tue, 30 Jun 1998, Jim Jordan wrote:

> 	While the modern view is that men and women are pretty much the same
> except for plumbing, the Christian view is that they are radically
> different and complementary.

This is not the place for a big debate on this (I'd be happy to discuss it
in private e-mail), but this needs some qualification.  There are plenty
of Christians who would not agree that the male/female differences you
describe are "the Christian view"--including Christians committed to
orthodoxy, not just the Bishop Spong types.

I don't deny that the worldview you describe is quite possibly similar to
Wolfe's, however, which is really the only thing relevant to thread.

-Rostrum