From: "Mark Millman"<Mark_Millman@hmco.com>
Subject: Re: (urth) Dr. Cyclops Returning Your Call
Date: Wed, 3 Jun 1998 10:36:34

On 2 June 1998 at 3:00 pm, Robert Borski wrote:

> mantis, my bug-eyed friend:
>
> I see an E, then everything else is bleary.
>
> Damn it, these contacts make me feel like
> I'm double-pupiled.
>
> Guess that's why I forget to include the
> following IGenes:
>
> Phaedria: violet.
> Celestine Etienne: blue-violet.
>
> Technically, I think that while violet is a
> variant of blue we need to chart them like
> Mendel's peas.
>
> Dr. Cyclops
> Optician of the One-Eyed Flying Purple-
> People Eaters (a lost abo tribe of Ste. Anne)

But, Dr. Wynken, we know that Phaedria has
had cosmetic surgery and other procedures
in order to make her more attractive and/or
valuable, and that Wolfe specifically mentions
that her eyes have been targeted for attentions
of this type.  We can't be sure that her violet
eyes are natural (though that's far from saying
that they therefore can't be relevant or significant).

Mark Millman